2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 2:52 PM by Ryan Rutan

BUG: Add-on action-contributions in Cloud 2016.1.0.0 reporting incorrect/inconsistent content types

cgum

We have an add-on that uses action contributions so that we can extend the menus for different content and place types.

For example:

In our gadgets.util.registrerOnLoadHandler() function, we register for callbacks so that we get details about the particular piece of content when our actions load...

In the case above, context might look like the following if we were getting a callback for a blog post:

{

"jive": {

"content": {

"type": "osapi.jive.corev3.contents.Post",

"id": 1001

}

}

}

In Cloud 2016.1.0.0, the type namespaces appear to have changed, and done so inconsistently

Prior to this release, I could count on these different types to be reported in the context:

osapi.jive.core.Discussion

osapi.jive.core.Document

osapi.jive.core.Post

osapi.jive.core.Video

osapi.jive.core.Space

osapi.jive.core.Group

osapi.jive.core.Project

osapi.jive.core.User

In Cloud 2016.1.0.0, this is what I get:

osapi.jive.corev3.contents.Discussion

osapi.jive.corev3.contents.Photo

osapi.jive.corev3.contents.Post

osapi.jive.corev3.contents.Video

osapi.jive.core.Space

osapi.jive.core.Group

osapi.jive.core.Project

osapi.jive.core.User

All content type namespaces are now osapi.jive.corev3.contents, but place and people types are  unchanged.

Furthermore, both Normal and File-type documents are now reported as osapi.jive.corev3.contents.Photo

Documents and Files being reported as Photos is clearly a bug, but I think the types should either not change from what they were, or change consistently so that they match the API documentation.