1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 6:46 AM by jeph.yang

Can I customize recent content widget by doing program??

nikhil1

Can I install jive software on ubuntu machine?

If yes what would be the process for installing ?

Can I customize recent content widget by programming?

Thank you in advanced.

• Re: Can I customize recent content widget by doing program??

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for raising this question around the operating system support and recent content widget customizations.  Please find my answers below.

Can I install jive software on ubuntu machine?

If yes what would be the process for installing ?

Jive currently supports three mainstraim Linux operating systems with the three latest service packs:

• RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 6 or 7 for x86_64
          • CentOS version 6 or 7 for x86_64
          • SuSE Enterprise Linux Server (SLES) 11 and 12 for x86_64

Unfortunately, Ubuntu isn't supported.  For additional reference, please read:

https://docs.jivesoftware.com/8.0_on_prem_int/sys_admin/jive.help.core/#admin/RequiredOSandDB.html

Can I customize recent content widget by programming?

The Recent Content Widget isn't customizable out of the box, beyond its basic settings. If you want to customize it at the code level, that may be feasible, but this is outside the scope of Jive Customer Support.  For customization topics, please post your specific question to the Developer space for input from the greater development community.  If you require direct assistance, I would recommend working with Jive Professional Services (PS).

I hope this helps. Let me know if you had any other questions, or if you'd like to be put in touch with our PS team.

Regards,

Jeph Yang