1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 2:07 AM by spanner

Reply Marked as Helpful

spanner

Now we're using Jive 8, all members can mark any reply to a discussion (whether it's a question or not) as being helpful (or, indeed, not helpful).

What are the actions associated with these? Do they just trigger QuestionEvent-ADDED_HELPFUL_ANSWER? If so, what does marking something as not being helpful trigger?

It seems to me that this action -- marking a discussion reply as helpful, rather than an answer to a question -- is likely to have a unique trigger, probably with "ThreadEvent" involved somewhere.

I'm a bit concerned that we're not tracking this in our metrics, and it's getting a lot of use! I'd also like to start incorporating it into badges and gamification, too.

Any assistance on clarifying this action would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Re: Reply Marked as Helpful
          spanner

Any thoughts on this from Jive Support or anyone else?

I've been looking at the User actions in the gamification console, and I don't see any indication that a trigger is firing when a discussion reply is marked as helpful, so I don't know how to track it or find out if it's being measured in our metrics. Similarly, it doesn't appear in the inbox.

However, people are receiving emails notifying them when a discussion reply has been marked as helpful (and clearly identifying the discussion as such) so something must be happening that's unique to this action.

Any help would be very welcome!