10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 9:21 AM by ryanrutan

When editing files in a tile and re-zipping them up I get "Error Jive package missing meta.json and definition.json"

mack_torres

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 12.38.37 PM.png

All i did was change some html and css files to update images in a slider Tile that I got from someone at Social Edge. I am super frustrated! It feels like everything with Tiles is super complicated and just making a simple change breaks everything! I hate Tiles!!! I know the json files are there and I am not sure what I am doing wrong but have talked to other developer people at JiveWorld and they say I should be able to do this. I am using a Mac and I have attached the zip file.

• Re: When editing files in a tile and re-zipping them up I get "Error Jive package missing meta.json and definition.json"
          puja_kumari

Hi Torres,

Try to check if there is any syntax error, or any unwanted characters/spaces in the files you updated.

At times it used to happen with me because of the said reasons.

Thanks and regards,

Puja

• Re: When editing files in a tile and re-zipping them up I get "Error Jive package missing meta.json and definition.json"
            puja_kumari

Also, at times it happens when you try to zip the contents of files at wrong path.E.g. the zip file for tile should explode to the contents not a folder in which the contents are present.

I did the below steps with the attachment which you shared and uploaded , it worked for me:

1) I downloaded the slider_tile.zip file.

2)Extracted it in my system.

3)It got extracted in the folder name as slider_tile.

4)I selected all the files inside the slider_tile and zipped it as shown below in the screenshot.(Archive.zip)

5)I uploaded the zip file and it got installed.Screenshots below.

I did not do any code changes.I am attaching the code for you to test as well.Directly upload the same zip file.Or if you are extracting it do not zip the folder but the contents inside it.

--->The addon zip file(Archive.zip)

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 12.19.23 am.png

The installed addon :

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 12.18.23 am.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards,

Puja

SunilKr

Hi Puja,

Thanks for the input but I am getting another Error in unpacking public resources of add-on. Even I used Archive.zip that you shared. Upload is successful but immediate getting alert below add-on with error message "Error in unpacking public resources of addon"

I am too super frustrated with this issue. I am facing same issue of Unpacking public resources error for my another addon error.JPGadd-on. When I try to add tiles, in configuration pop-up window, getting message "View Unavailable ". Error in Sbs log is,

ERROR com.jivesoftware.community.extension.task.ExtensionPublicResourcesExploderTask - problem in exploding the public resources for extension with UUID: df53afd6-41c3-32d5-be5a-c08e4f06b17b and resource hash: fac2187b27

java.io.IOException: There was a problem exploding the public resources for addon

at com.jivesoftware.community.extension.publicdata.FileSystemResourceManagerImpl$3.explodeImpl(FileSystemResourceManagerImpl.java:137)

at com.jivesoftware.community.extension.publicdata.AbstractExtensionResourceBundle.explodeCurrentVersion(AbstractExtensionResourceBundle.java:154)

at com.jivesoftware.community.extension.task.ExtensionPublicResourcesExploderTask.explodePublicResources(ExtensionPublicResourcesExploderTask.java:53)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at com.jivesoftware.base.taskmanager.impl.BeanTaskRunnable.run(BeanTaskRunnable.java:51)

at com.jivesoftware.base.taskmanager.impl.LocalExecutor$3.call(LocalExecutor.java:140)

at com.jivesoftware.community.aaa.authz.SystemExecutor.executeCallable(SystemExecutor.java:39)

at com.jivesoftware.base.taskmanager.impl.LocalExecutor.runInSystemContext(LocalExecutor.java:136)

at com.jivesoftware.base.taskmanager.impl.LocalExecutor.access$2(LocalExecutor.java:123)

at com.jivesoftware.base.taskmanager.impl.LocalExecutor$1.run(LocalExecutor.java:89)

at com.jivesoftware.util.task.TaskEngineRunnable.run(TaskEngineRunnable.java:51)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

2016-03-21 03:14:49,568 [TaskEngineWorker-pool-1] [::] INFO com.jivesoftware.community.extension.ClientAppInstallNotifier - Extension Theme Tiles did not provide an install notification endpoint

Unclean pruning of the existing directory [C:\Users\jiveDEV\jive\web\..\target\jiveHome\www\resources\add-ons\df53afd6-41c3-32d5-be5a-c08e4f06b17b\fac2187b27.exploding]

2016-03-21 03:18:57,244 [http-bio-8080-exec-4] [2013:sunilkr:REGULAR] WARN com.jivesoftware.community.extension.publicdata.AbstractExtensionResourceBundle - Unable to explode the current version when looking for /tiles/my-content-tile/configuration.html [hash=fac2187b27]

java.io.IOException: There was a problem exploding the public resources for addon

at com.jivesoftware.community.extension.publicdata.FileSystemResourceManagerImpl$3.explodeImpl(FileSystemResourceManagerImpl.java:137)

at com.jivesoftware.community.extension.publicdata.AbstractExtensionResourceBundle.explodeCurrentVersion(AbstractExtensionResourceBundle.java:154)

at com.jivesoftware.community.extension.publicdata.AbstractExtensionResourceBundle.findResource(AbstractExtensionResourceBundle.java:74)

at com.jivesoftware.community.extension.publicdata.BundledAppUrlTransform.transformImpl(BundledAppUrlTransform.java:104)

at com.jivesoftware.community.extension.publicdata.BundledAppUrlTransform.transform(BundledAppUrlTransform.java:71)

at com.jivesoftware.community.opensocial.gadgets.impl.GadgetUrlTransformFactory.transformImpl(GadgetUrlTransformFactory.java:79)

at com.jivesoftware.community.opensocial.gadgets.impl.GadgetUrlTransformFactory.access$0(GadgetUrlTransformFactory.java:76)

at com.jivesoftware.community.opensocial.gadgets.impl.GadgetUrlTransformFactory$1.apply(GadgetUrlTransformFactory.java:32)

at com.jivesoftware.community.opensocial.gadgets.impl.GadgetUrlTransformFactory$1.apply(GadgetUrlTransformFactory.java:1)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.converters.tiles.AbstractDefinitionEntityConverter.normalizePublicResources(AbstractDefinitionEntityConverter.java:155)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.converters.tiles.TileDefinitionEntityConverter.normalizePublicResources(TileDefinitionEntityConverter.java:26)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.converters.tiles.TileDefinitionEntityConverter.normalizePublicResources(TileDefinitionEntityConverter.java:1)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.converters.tiles.AbstractDefinitionEntityConverter.populateViews(AbstractDefinitionEntityConverter.java:151)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.converters.tiles.AbstractDefinitionEntityConverter.convert(AbstractDefinitionEntityConverter.java:57)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.converters.tiles.TileDefinitionCategoryEntityConverter.populateAssociations(TileDefinitionCategoryEntityConverter.java:44)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.converters.tiles.TileDefinitionCategoryEntityConverter.populateAssociations(TileDefinitionCategoryEntityConverter.java:1)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.converters.tiles.AbstractIntegrationCategoryEntityConverter.convert(AbstractIntegrationCategoryEntityConverter.java:34)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.providers.tiles.AbstractDefinitionCategoryProvider.getTileCategories(AbstractDefinitionCategoryProvider.java:70)

at com.jivesoftware.api.core.v3.services.tiles.TileDefinitionService.getTileCategories(TileDefinitionService.java:307)

I explored the path C:\Users\jiveDEV\jive\web\..\target\jiveHome\www\resources\add-ons\df53afd6-41c3-32d5-be5a-c08e4f06b17b\fac2187b27.exploding and I found file /tiles/my-content-tile/configuration.html

And also did steps that you shared but no success. Any idea/suggestion for this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

puja_kumari

Can you show me the folder structure of your zip file.Also let me knoe the jive instance version you are trying to upload this add on.

Is it could or on premise.

I tried this on my jive's sandbox and it worked fine there.

mack_torres

Puja,

That worked for me! I was zipping up the files by clicking on the folder but when i selected the files inside the folder and zipped them up it worked perfectly!

Thanks,

-Mahal-