2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 10:54 PM by siddhartha107

Auto-refresh the tile content after modification

siddhartha107

Hello JiveMinds,

While working on the custom tiles I came across the situation where I modify the content in tile but it does not reflect unless I go and do hard refresh.

My hunch is this might be happening because of the caching as it reflects the changes once hard refresh done.

Has anyone faced similar thing?

If you have any suggestions/solutions around this, it will be great.

Is there any way to reload the cache?

• Re: Auto-refresh the tile content after modification

Could you confirm if you are talking about a change in the Tile Configuration?  Are you using Custom View Tiles?  Are you making changes to a Tile via a new Add-on deployment?

In some scenarios, caching can get in the way, but most of the time this can be skirted with a simple cache-busting mechanism in resource URLs.  Understanding more about what you are trying to do with some specifics might help us give you some best practices.   =)

• Re: Auto-refresh the tile content after modification
              siddhartha107

Hey,

Yes it is a custom tile.

We are creating hosted tile using jive-sdk build add-on --apphosting="jive" and uploading the same.

So the issue is one of the tile features include avtar display and when some-one changes the avtar the same should get reflect in the corresponding tile as well.

When I do hard refresh, it works and hence came to conclusion it might be an issue of caching.