2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 6:22 AM by Adam Arrowsmith

How to configure a Quest to follow ten people?

jkurutz

Hi all,

In Rewards on Jive Cloud, I'd like to configure a Quest called "Networker" that confers a badge on someone who follows ten people. How does one do that?

In the Quest configuration tool, one can add the Event "Follow a person". If one adds that ten times to the Quest configuration, will the quest count every new person followed separately, or will it count the first person followed ten times?

Here's evidence that one can add multiple Events of the same sort:

AIM: We're working with our Customer Education division, and we'd like to provide a reward for customer "students" who follow their classmates, thus providing a sense of alumni cohesion. Here it's important to follow more than one person to get the badge. Better yet would be following people in a specific permissions group ("Students"), but it doesn't look like Rewards is set up for that (yet).

Thanks! - Josh

• Re: How to configure a Quest to follow ten people?

Hi Josh,

At the moment I don't believe what you have tested will work.  Follow a person (when left blank) will track a followed person event across the entire community - and likely each of those events will be triggered from 1 follow (so all three would get completed).

You could change the quest to be 'follow a person' as well as 'get followed' and that would then cause students to need to accomplish an action for themselves as well as try and convince another student to follow them, which should cause a spike in activity amongst users...

As for rewarding users for following multiple times - If you want to get people excited about following..

• Go into the Strategy page
          • Select the "Community Leadership" mission
            • Modify the level points to a lower value (this changes how often someone will level up from being followed.)
            • Users will get levels faster in the 'community leadership' mission when they follow other users, this will give them inbox notifications and more levels in 'community leadership' in their profile.
          • Select the "Grouping" mission
            • Modify the level points to a lower value (this changes how often someone will level up from being followed.)
            • Users will get levels faster in the 'grouping' mission when they follow other users, this will give them inbox notifications and more levels in 'grouping' in their profile.
          • Optional
            • select the events page
            • Increase the points someone gets for following
            • Increase the points someone gets for being followed
            • ** This will further make the missions above gain levels faster and send more level notifications.
            • Re: How to configure a Quest to follow ten people?
              Adam Arrowsmith

Thanks for posting Josh. I'm looking to do the same thing: award a quest badge after your first 5 blog posts. I would want to use a quest because 1) we can design a custom badge graphic and 2) award bonus points. The mission badges are a little too generic for this kind of purpose in my opinion.

From what I can tell this sort of thing was certainly doable in Bunchball (look at all the types of badges people have in the JC) but not so/yet in Rewards.