2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 2:12 PM by ksimmons

Is it possible to batch delete all comments on documents within a space?

ksimmons

Jeph Yang our client is requesting that we disable the ability to comment on all process documents in our knowledge bases.  I know how to do this by altering space permissions to view only.

They are also requesting that all existing comments be removed for legal purposes.  Is there a way to delete all comments in batches?  We have some content that has 4 years worth of comments and deleting each one manually would be close to impossible.

Thanks in advance!

andrewfassinger

• Re: Is it possible to batch delete all comments on documents within a space?

Hi Katie,

I see you have a need to remove comments on specific documents in your community knowledge base. Unfortunately, there's no way out of the box to remove just the comments nor in bulk.  From an administrative function, you're only able to delete documents or move them, so that won't cover individual comments attached to each document.  Given the scale, you may want to look into potentially using Jive REST API as covered under the Comment entity here:

This will require some development work and is outside the immediate scope of Jive Customer Support. If you need assistance, I would encourage looking into a Jive Professional Services (PS) engagement. Otherwise, you may post questions to the Developer space for input and visibility from the development community.

Let me know if you had any other questions or would like to be put in touch with our PS team.

Regards,

Jeph Yang