2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 9:55 PM by debbie.cohen

Blue Infinity - Help with these Questions

rupeshpatric

Hello Valerie Romanet,

Please find below some questions I have. Please help me with this:

1. How to add content into the “Featured Content” tile in a group`s home page. If I try to configure the group, the “Featured Content” tile is not configurable.
      2. I stalled Jive Circle app on iPhone. Will I be able to see all the community users in Jive circle?
      3. When I add a new Project inside a Group, there is no concept of adding Project Members? Users will have to follow the project to be considered project members?
      4. What is the best way to handle scenarios like a message from CEO? Will the CEO make a post in a group and employees comment on it? What if not all the employees have joined or are following that group? Is there a better way to handle this? Is there a way to ensure that all employees are following certain group (mandatory)?
      5. I have created a group called “HR” using the “Pre-Hire collaboration template” and the group is configured to be “externally accessible”. How does this work? Will external users once accepted, be able to see all the content in this group?
      6. Expertise search not working in Jive Daily. I added a skill called “sales” for userA. When searching for “sales” from PC browser, userA shows up. But when doing the same via Jive Daily, I get no results.
      7. While in the Group home page, how to add a new project in it? Other than using the pen icon on top right (here I have to specify where to create the project even if I am already in the group home page)

Thank you.

Rupesh Patric

Blue Infinity

• Re: Blue Infinity - Help with these Questions

Hi debbie.cohen

would you please be able to help rupeshpatric on his technical question on Jive-n. He needs to have answers by tomorrow. Many thanks for your help on this

• Re: Blue Infinity - Help with these Questions

Hi rupeshpatric,

Please see my responses below. I strongly recommend you walk through our free training found inJive User Training space.  Most, if not all, your questions can be answered by walking through the videos and content we have posted.  Also, we have a thorough help guide, Jive 8 Community Administration Help, where you can find detailed instructions around platform configurations.

• How to add content into the “Featured Content” tile in a group`s home page. If I try to configure the group, the “Featured Content” tile is not configurable.

See document Common Content Administration There is a section dedicated to creating Featured Content.

• I stalled Jive Circle app on iPhone. Will I be able to see all the community users in Jive circle?

Yes

• When I add a new Project inside a Group, there is no concept of adding Project Members? Users will have to follow the project to be considered project members?

Since the Project inherits permissions from the Group, permissions are managed at the Group level.  At the Group level ( go to Manage > Members:

manage_members.png

Once there, you click on "Invite people to join this group" on the right hand side under Actions.  The invitee must have registered for a Jive Community account already. Once you invite them and they accept, they can access the project.

• What is the best way to handle scenarios like a message from CEO? Will the CEO make a post in a group and employees comment on it? What if not all the employees have joined or are following that group? Is there a better way to handle this? Is there a way to ensure that all employees are following certain group (mandatory)?

I would encourage using Announcements and linking the announcement to a blog post or News. See Creating Community-Wide Announcements

• I have created a group called “HR” using the “Pre-Hire collaboration template” and the group is configured to be “externally accessible”. How does this work? Will external users once accepted, be able to see all the content in this group?

See Permissions for External Groups

• Expertise search not working in Jive Daily. I added a skill called “sales” for userA. When searching for “sales” from PC browser, userA shows up. But when doing the same via Jive Daily, I get no results.

The field "skills" is not yet supported within Jive Daily. We are working on exposing all profile fields in Daily in a future release.

• While in the Group home page, how to add a new project in it? Other than using the pen icon on top right (here I have to specify where to create the project even if I am already in the group home page)

In the top right corner of a Group home page you will see a dropdown called "Actions." From the dropdown select "Project" which will trigger a dialog box to pop up allowing you to specify title, beginning and         end dates for the project. This will automatically create the project within the Group you are in. If you do not see this dialog box, turn off your pop-up blocker.

Cheers,

Debbie

cc Valerie Romanet