21 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 10:09 AM by tburak

An easy way to chase profile completion!

danthomas

Hi there

Don't know about you but getting people to complete their profile / avatars / bio's etc is tough and you can't @ mention them all at once to nag them to do it - until now Here's how i'm doing it!

I use the CMR profile report to list all the people who have registered but haven't completed their avatar and get their username and name. Then i'm using a CONCATENATE formula in excel to combine their username and name into hyperlinks that look like this:

<a href="/people/username">Name 1</a>

<a href="/people/username">Name 2</a>

<a href="/people/username">Name 3</a>

<a href="/people/username">Name 4</a>

<a href="/people/username">Name 5</a>

The concatenate formula goes:

=CONCATENATE("<a href=",CHAR(34),"/people/",[username],CHAR(34),">",[firstname]," ",[surname],"</a>")

(the char(34)'s are for speech marks)

I then wrap the whole list in a div that's hidden...

<div style="display: none;">[hyperlinks here]</div>

and put the code into a discussion via the HTML button.

That creates a discussion that @ mentions the hundreds of people in my community that haven't completed their avatar but hides all the @ mentions!

I then add a message talking about the importance of avatars and how to update theirs at the top and wait for the avatar uptake to increase

So the total code looks like:

<body><p>[Nagging here]</p><p></p><div style="display: none;"><a href="/people/username">Name 1</a><a href="/people/username">Name 2</a><a href="/people/username">Name 3</a><a href="/people/username">Name 4</a><a href="/people/username">Name 5</a></div></body>

Of course you can use any field / groups of people from the CMR here like profile image, bio etc.

Hopefully that helps you CM's!

Michelle Gantt Dina Vekaria