1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 8:03 AM by jesse.fuller

Move/consolidate content

ashley.travis@kapost.com

A user created one place and one group that should have actually been created as projects under an existing group. These have both been in use, and need to be consolidated.

I know that I can manually share each piece of content to the correct project, but can I bulk share everything under a place or group? 

Ideally, what I really want is to move all of the content, and delete the mistake place & group. Is that possible? Will there be unintended data loss?

• Re: Move/consolidate content

Hi Ashley,

Ideally, what I really want is to move all of the content, and delete the mistake place & group. Is that possible? Will there be unintended data loss?

Yes, you should be able to accomplish a bulk move of the content. If you are using Jive Cloud then the "bulk manage content" feature (Using the Bulk Manage Content Feature ) accessible via the space's/group's manage menu should allow you the option to move over content.

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 8.02.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 8.02.59 AM.png

Or, if you are using an on-prem/hosted version of Jive, then the Curate Tool FAQ should provide a similar functionality through an add-on.

Thanks!