3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 2:13 PM by pawans

Unable to Change Author of Document Via API call

harish1985

I am not able to create document as another jive author. Using jive on rest v3 api to create a document and its created successfully. But i want to change the author while create a document.

As i go through api documentation, their is author parameter, But did not getting what should pass in it ?

Also author parameter is describe as "This value is used only when authorship is limited."

Can any one help me to solve this issue?

• Re: Unable to Change Author of Document Via API call
          pawans

hi,

you can try creating document using jive's run-as feature mentioned here Core V3 API - Run-As Feature & Signed Add-Ons

As an admin you can run any jive rest api as someone else, in this case the person whom you are trying to make author.

hope this helps.

1 person found this helpful
              harish1985

Hello Pawan,

Thanks for the response. I have jiveon sandbox account. Please tell me where i can enable this feature ?

Did not get location "Admin Console > System > Management > System Properties" on my sandbox account.

And also for access this feature by ADD On, Should i need signed Add on ?

pawans

Hi Harish,

This feature requires you to be super admin on a jive instance, which I don't think is possible on the jive developer sandbox.

You need your own instance with admin access.

Its not a must to have signed add-on.

You can have any system with admin credentials to call this api with run as.

But if you do create a signed add-on, you can use jive-sdk to call REST apis.

A signed add-on has the oauth tokens in community.json which you can utilize on your code.

Here's an example -

jive.context.persistence.findByID("community", jiveUrl).then(function (community) {

jive.community.doRequest(community, {url: someApiUrl,

"method": "GET" ,

"headers":{

"X-Jive-Run-As":"userid "+userId

}

}

).then(function (successResponse) {}, function(errorResponse){})

}