7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 11:36 AM by Billy Volpone

Simplest way to export a comprehensive list of all community content?

adina.schoeneman

What is the easiest way to do this in order to see every piece of content in the community? I've been relying the export from the CMR content leaderboard which is not comprehensive as it only shows content that has had at least 1 view from the exported time frame.

• Re: Simplest way to export a comprehensive list of all community content?
          Billy Volpone

Are you just looking for any view of all content (such as via our content filter page) or specifically something that would site outside the community and show in more of a spreadsheet format? Or maybe neither, just trying to understand. Only way I can think of doing this is a full database export via our support team (if not done via the in-community content page).

kristamahler

Yes!  I have this same need.  I would like to pull all of the questions/discussions (the title as well as the actual content of the question).  We need to do some anlyzation of what questions our people are asking.  I'd love it to be in a spreadsheet.  I did notice this conversation called Using the V2 Jive Data Export Service (Analytics).  I have no understanding of this stuff and tried reading through.  I think this might work for exporting content.  Can anyone confirm?  And, if yes, can someone help me figure out how to set it up?

Thanks!

Billy Volpone

Krista, great find. And you're correct, the analytics API is another great way to query Jive and pull out whatever raw data you want. Guess this could work for Adina as well. While I also don't understand the technical side of APIs - plenty of people here do. I might even suggest using our services team to set up these reports/queries for you and then you'll be all set in an ongoing fashion to pull the continuous data you need.

On a side note though, some I've worked with spoke about wanting to pull ALL data so they can try to find trends and what's being talked about the most. If that's more of the focus, there is a far easier way to do that via our advanced analytics, Resonata. We use natural language processing to look across all threads and figure out what topic is being discussed the most and how it related to other hot topics or keywords. It'll show sentiment on that as well and even influence of users and certain posts. Might be worth a walk through.

kristamahler

Thanks Billy Volpone.  So, to clarify, you are suggesting just creating a case to have the services team set up these reports?  That would be awesome!

Also, while I haven't done a search yet, what is Resonata?  Does every community have this? Can you point me toward any documentation explaining this and how to use it?

Thanks!

Billy Volpone

No, sorry... I was saying there are two options and one, long term, might work better for ongoing tracking. If you would like a database export, our support team can accommodate this via your team opening a support ticket. You'll get everything from your community is a huge lump sum and will need to parse through as you see fit. This also isn't an ongoing feed, just an export of everything that exists today. My other suggestion was that you could work with our Jive Professional Services team (or your own developers if you prefer) to create a custom analytics API query to pull (continuously) the type of information you're looking for. That data from the analytics API can be pushed into any number of BI tools, or just spreadsheet if you desire. If done via our PS team though, we would just need to put a Statement of Work in place based on what you're looking to build. If you did have in house help for this, they can use this API to do it themselves:

Analytics - Developer Resources

Finally, Resonata is one of Jive'x advanced analytics modules. While Community Manager Reports focus on the raw data and mapping it, Resonata looks more at what's being said, those trends, and the overall sentiment across content and people. There's more detail of course but it's easier to show than explain. Here is some more detail from our site with screenshots: Resonata - Jive Software

Happy to talk more on this if interested. It is an additional module you can add on to your existing instance, but those currently using it as getting quite a bit more context regarding what's actually trending inside of their community, without having to work within spreadsheets.