5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2016 8:29 AM by whoiskevin

How to move data from jive-n to jive-x ?

ekaterina

Hi developer team!

How to move data from jive-n to jive-x ? We have both on premise installations, version 8.0.2 (Jive-N) , 8.0.3 (Jive-X)

We need to transfer external groups from Jive-N to Jive-X.

Any ideas?

• Re: How to move data from jive-n to jive-x ?
          whoiskevin

I assume in this case you want to add data to the other installation?  In that case it is really a custom data migration.  There is more than one way to go about a migration / merge like that but nothing will be an easy answer.  Users have to be brought over and decisions have to be made about merging those accounts if required as well as how much of the groups to migrate (tile and widget layouts for instance).

You really need to engage with Jive or a consultant to figure out the path forward for your particular migration.

1 person found this helpful
            • Re: How to move data from jive-n to jive-x ?
              ekaterina

Thank you for your answer.

However we are consultant and our customer have both Jive-N and Jive-X and I need to know how to move group materials with authors of these materials, because API integration doesn't work due to differences in two bases in basic features like fields in the profile. After all Jive-X and Jive-N both jive developer's products and why don't you think of the question how can your clients who use both communities can't move materials from one space to other just using 'move' button or copy button. Actually, this is more complicated question. Now I need to know how to move all group materials in Jive-N to Jive-X saving authentication (authors). I don't need group theming and I don't need to copy whole jive base.

I suppose some of your clients are faced with similar problem, how did you solve it?