0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 6:29 AM by jk0209

i18n on html widgets and on custom_view tiles

jk0209

Right now we need to solve internationalisation (i18n) for Cloud instances of Jive. Our understanding is that standard texts in Jive like menu items are already translated into most languages but we still need to solve the following scenarios:

• i18n on html widgets (at overview pages)
      • i18n on custom_view tiles (at activity, pages and mobile home pages)

For the former case we saw that we can use jive.i18n javascript but we do not know how to add new keys on a Cloud instance.For the later case we already opened a case at the Jive's Developer Community last year but we didn't get any clue yet. Following I quote that post:

we are currently studying our chances to have a localised cloud jive instance, for that we already saw that Jive's menus and stuff is already solved for us. What we still need to solve is the localisation of some custom_view tiles that we have.We haven't been able to find or make a working sample of this. So far from the several documents on this matter I think I need to:
      • have a <<language>>.properties file in the i18n folder in the tile source. This should be formatted as a Java properties file.
      • on definition.json mark i18n: "*" so I enable every language.
      • on js access localized strings as new gadgets.Prefs().getMsg("key")

Still this ain't working, can you please point me in the right direction? Is there already a working sample of this somewhere?

So basically the question would be how to solve i18n in those two scenarios, always from javascript as all content is dynamic.

FYI Johann Perez