4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 8:35 AM by Frank Field

Does a deactivated user's profile have a default view?

Frank Field

Hi, Everyone... Weird question...

A co-worker logs onto our community (we're external), and sees content posted by a username "Nintex," which is just our company name.  No need to go into why.

But in my view, I see a deactivated user's name.  Is this expected behavior for Jive?  I looked, but it's such a weird question, I may not have used the right terms.

Anybody know or experienced this?

Thanks!

deactivated.png

• Re: Does a deactivated user's profile have a default view?
          Billy Volpone

Frank, was there ever another user specifically attached to that account that is no longer accessing the community? Or even more easily, is that "user" marked as deactivated in the admin? Easy to undo if so.

Frank Field

I don't even see the account in my admin console.  So weird. I thought maybe the browser or the platform was just displaying something wrong... Gotta say, I'm a bit baffled. I'll ask her to look again today and see what it displays.

Jennifer Kelley

Hi, Frank - I think Billy is onto what you need to troubleshoot that.  To clarify, the behavior you are seeing is expected for a user who has been deactivated in your system.  It sounds like the issue may be that you did not want this user deactivated or something happened there?  If you keep seeing something amiss, I'd open a support case for this as probably something specific happened with her account or your instance.

Jive supports this behavior so a member's content remains but other users don't get confused that they are still around to interact with, etc., but obviously that's not your intent with this one now.  Hope that helps!

1 person found this helpful
                      Frank Field

Thanks for that explainer.

I didn't want anything either way except to figure out the mystery....

It turns out that after a search index rebuild, that document is no longer even found. And that's OK, as it was an outdated piece anyway, according to my colleague.  So, I'm guessing it must've been lingering somehow after a user was deactivated or maybe even deleted.  Dunno. It was just very curious.  We had some search issues anyway, and it seems the index rebuild has solved them for the most part.

Thanks!

p.s. I'm going to mark that last post as correct, just so anybody else who stumbles across this thread understands what to go look for. I'm going to drop it as the document associated with that user was not wanted and now can't be found.

Thanks, guys!