I am trying to use and enable the Jabber Add-on/Connector
I have the following permissions.
I meet the system requirements. However I do not see the Jive Connector for Jabber available in step 5 below.
To enable connections to WebEx and Jabber through the connectors for these programs, you'll need a Cisco PBX and a recent version of Jive.
Jive System (All Connectors)
- Jive 7.0.2 or higher, or Jive Cloud
- Community Manager rights to your Jive site
Jive Connector for Jabber
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 8.6 or higher for Voice/Video
- Cisco Unified Presence Services version 8.6 or higher (or WebEx Connect Messenger Service) for Instant Messaging (IM)
- Cisco Jabber Desktop client version 8.6 or higher (Mac or Windows), configured to handle xmpp: and tel: URIs from the user's web browser
To set up an integration between Jabber and your Jive site, you'll need to install the Jive Connector for Jabber add-on from the Available tab in the Add-ons interface.
This Jabber integration allows one-click access to voice talk and chat using Jabber as the client. To set up the integration, you'll need community manager rights in your community. This enables you to install the add-on and configure the profile fields associated with the app. If your community uses SAML SSO or a directory server for user provisioning, you may also need access to your directory server or IdP to ensure a custom profile field in Jive can be populated. To get set up:
- Make sure your community meets the requirements.
- In your community's profile settings, define a custom field that will define the xmpp ID for Jabber: this should be the same as the user's email address. This field should be populated by your directory server or IdP using the correct attribute, typically mail. (Even though you probably already populate the email field, you still need to define the custom field.) We recommend naming the field "Jabber Username" for easy identification. You can create the custom field by accessing People > Settings > Profile Settings. Then click Create new field and add a text field for the Jabber username. Your directory server admin can modify your directory server or your SAML SSO settings to ensure the field is populated for users.
- In Jive, click the menu under your name or avatar and select Add-ons.
- Make sure the Available tab is selected.
- Click the gear icon next to Jive Connector for Jabber and click Install.
The add-on will be installed.
- Click the Jive Jabber app and in the System Settings dialog, provide the field names in the Jive contact database that the integration will use to find the phone