1 Reply Latest reply on May 3, 2016 11:37 AM by jeph.yang

Is OAuth supported, when kerberos authentication is configured?

devops@bainsight.com

We use Jive RESP API with OAuth in our application. It works well in most environments, but one of our customers have SSO with kerberos configured. We receive an Unauthorized HTTP error message when requesting access token. Is OAuth supported in this configuration?

Tibor Erdelyi

• Re: Is OAuth supported, when kerberos authentication is configured?

Hi Massood,

I'm unaware of any specific limitation around using OAuth and Kerberos together. For your reference, please also see:

Jive Authentication Services FAQ

Due to the complexity of Kerberos, this setup works only on-premise and requires a Jive Professional Services (PS) engagement.  For your customer configuration, did you work with our PS team, or did you develop this yourself?

• If this was developed by PS, I would recommend submitting a support case in your private Jive Community customer group for troubleshooting assistance.
          • If you developed this yourself as a customization, then this is likely outside the scope of Jive Customer Support, so I would recommend moving the question to the Developer space for input from the development community.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang