1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2016 9:35 AM by whoiskevin

How can I increase the size limit when trying to synchronise with Ldap

rahul.desai

Hi,

When I try to synchronise Jive with LDAP, I get the following exception thrown:

[LDAP: error code 4 - Sizelimit Exceeded]

How can I increase the size limit?  Does this have to be done via Jive or Ldap?

Thanks

• Re: How can I increase the size limit when trying to synchronise with Ldap
          whoiskevin

Probably need to understand what LDAP you are using.  Is it Active Directory or Sun or another LDAP server?

Typically this would be a server configuration for the LDAP server.  However, it could be related to paging support in the LDAP server or in this case a lack of paging support.  If the LDAP server does not support paging then it needs to allow larger size queries in order for Jive to query and pull all the users and groups during the batch synchronization processes.  If you have not already make sure to review this really good LDAP debugging document. Guide to Troubleshooting LDAP/Active Directory Integration  Some paging controls are configurable on the Jive side but I do not think your issue is with the Jive configuration.