4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2016 10:09 AM by stevesal32

Image Library

stevesal32

How do you access images used in the construction of a space?  Is there a library where images reside?

• Re: Image Library

Hi Steve,

Are you able to clarify what you meant by constructing a space? For example, are you using either an HTML/Fortmatted Text Widget of the Manage Files feature to upload images? Or are you referring to images embedded inside content?

Regards,

Jeph Yang

stevesal32

Hi Jeph....

The question was initially derived based on HTML images that are appearing as part of a tile but in a broader sense...where/how do I see or access any image that is part of my JIVE instance?  They must be stored somewhere in JIVE I would think.

Hi Steve,

For HTML widgets, each image is stored within its relative widget under the "Manage Files" button. These are known as static images or static files.  Here, you'll have the option to copy the URL or mouse over and see the source URL directly. You also have the option to delete the images by clicking the x. Unfortunately, there's no system wide static image management UI at the moment.

I see that you're on Jive-x 2016.1.7, so you also have the option of navigating to a place and clicking on Manage > Image Files to see a list of uploaded images. This interface will be similar/identical to the HTML and Formatted Text Widget's "Manage Files" button.

If you need help locating a specific image, I would encourage submitting a support case to your private Jive Community customer group and a team member will be happy to look into this for you.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang