3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2016 9:25 PM by teemuluukkonen

Adding permissions to a Group via Admin Console

Toby Metcalf

Good day,

I would like to give the ability to for a team of customer moderators the ability to mark answers correct.

Within my Jive Admin Console > People > Group Summary > Select Group name or ID - how do I add the permission / ability to mark answers correct?

Not sure how I edit permissions or add abilities within a Group.

Thank you for the help.

Best,

Toby

• Re: Adding permissions to a Group via Admin Console
          teemuluukkonen

Hi Toby,

First to be clear. Now when I talk about group I talk about user group in admin console.

What I have understood you can't give permission for group to only mark answers correct. What you can do is:

1. You can give permission for group to mark outcomes which not include correct answer marking. Admin console -> Permissions -> Other content permissions

2. You can give permission for group to moderate content and this includes correct answer marking. Admin console -> Permissions -> System administration permission. Downside for this is that this gives full access permission for content = group can also delete and modify any content they have access in your community.

BR

Teemu

Toby Metcalf

Good day Teemu,

Yes, I am working within the admin console and would like to add a permission to a group that has already been created.

I would like them to be able to mark answers correct within a discussion, Moderate Content, in Jive speak.  Is there a way to do it without making them Full Access Admins?

I really appreciate the help.

Best,

Toby

teemuluukkonen

Hi Toby,

I'm not familiar with the Jive Speak so I can't say anything about that. But in overall at least in Jive Cloud it works as I posted earlier. So if you want group to be able to moderate content and mark answers correct then you need to do point 2 from my earlier response. This does not make group as full admins it makes them only "full admin" for content. So they are able to moderate content which they have access to.

You can test it quite easily and see if it's what you need.

1. Create test user to your community

2. Create a test group and include test user to that group

3. Give that group content moderation permission (point 2 from my earlier response)

4. See what you can access and what you can do with that test user.

BR
                  Teemu

1 person found this helpful