4 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2016 6:23 AM by Julie Cardinali Brancik

Can users blog in the main community?

mdimino

If we want a blog post to appear in multiple social groups, how does one go about doing this?

• Re: Can users blog in the main community?
          Libby Taylor

Hi Marissa,

In the Jive Community, which is on version 8.0.1, if a blog is posted in one place, we can share it into others. It's a good idea to decide if you will have a blog channel, such as we have with Jive Talks or several channels based upon certain topics. Either way, I typically post anything general in Jive Talks then use the Share function to have it show up in the streams for other spaces.

The link for Share is found in the right-side menu for the blog post itself.

2 people found this helpful
              mdimino

Hi Libby- Thanks! I'm asking specifically about customer communities, not the main Jive site. We are on the cloud, is it possible for a user in our community to create a blog and share in multiple groups? For example, we have a customer who wrote a blog about their User Group event, they would like people outside of their User Group to see this blog post. It would be ideal if they could share in multiple groups.

Libby Taylor

Hi Marissa, I answered your question as my position of managing Jive's customer community, not from a Jive product perspective. So yes, it is possible to do just what you ask.

On the blog in question (as either the author or the community manager), go to the right side menu and select Share. Then enter the names of the groups you want to share it in. It's super simple.

Julie Cardinali Brancik

Marissa Dimino,

As Libby said, you can share the blog with other groups and spaces.  Just know that this feature only makes the shared content accessible by the Content tab in the container.  To get it to surface to the overview page of a space/group, it will only be visible in a Recent Activity widget or (as I understand) can be visible in a Super List tile (we don't use tiles yet for our external community, so someone else will have to speak to this).  Not super ideal for us.  I find myself explaining this functionality all the time. Basically, It's good for notifying followers in the shared space that the content exists.

1 person found this helpful