1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2016 6:37 AM by jesse.fuller

what is causing the error "That image type is forbidden" when inserting a picture

dkmanley

I
      am encountering an error in iRock that is very puzzling. It has not happened
      before and hopefully someone identify the issue. When I try to insert an image
      into a table cell in a widget, I get the error "That image type is
      forbidden”

Details:
      I am trying to insert a picture into a table cell in a widget. I have done that
      in the past dozens of times. I thought it might be the format so I tried JPG,
      PNG no luck. Then I thought it might be the file itself so I tried a picture
      that has already been inserted in our site previously, no luck. Here are the
      steps I took.

In a
      project ... edit the overview page> Edit the widget> in a table in the
      widget try to insert an image in a cell> browse my computer> insert: and
      get the error “That image type is forbidden”

I have
      tried multiple variations, of the file types. Different widgets. I even tried
      to insert images that are already in our site and inserted using same process.
      Thanks in advance.

David
      Manley

• Re: what is causing the error "That image type is forbidden" when inserting a picture
          jesse.fuller

Hi David,

From your description, it's possible that your instance is configured to block a specific type of image file (admin console >> system >> settings >> images). However, to confirm, I would recommend submitting a case in your secret customer group where the next available support engineer can assist in investigating your instance's configuration. When you submit the case, if you could also attach the image causing the error, this should assist in their troubleshooting.

Thanks!