2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 10:48 AM by john.decker

microsoft office download not working

glucchesi

When I got to my Avatar and select Tools I have an option to download the Microsoft Office plugin (I am on Office 365).  I try this and get the message Error 1722.

Microsoft Office Install Error.PNG

I know other users have reported this problem for Microsoft Outlook, but I have getting it for Microsoft Office.

• Re: microsoft office download not working

Hi Glen,

Jive offers a variety of different tools and add-ons so it can sometimes be easy to download the wrong one. The Jive for Office connector that is available under tools requires the following:

Software Prerequisites

• Windows XP SP2 (Windows Installer 3.1), Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 (with version 2.5 of Jive for Office only)
          • .NET Framework 4.0
          • Microsoft Office 2007 with SP2, 2010 with SP1, and 2013, all in Windows only.
          • Word, Excel, and PowerPoint only.

From the sounds of it you are looking for the add-on for Office 365 which requires  a separate add-on for Office 365. It does require an additional license so if you do not have it, you will want to reach out to your Account Manager. If you do have the jive for Office 365 Add-on, this document provides the requirements and installation instructions Jive for SharePoint Online & Office 365: Installation Assets you might need to request access to join Jive for SharePoint in order to view the document I linked. 

Hope this helps.

• Re: microsoft office download not working

Hi Glen,

I wanted to follow up here because I misspoke above. I spoke with our Products Manager and with a recent update for both Jive for Office and Jive for outlook, we now support Office2016/ Office365 with the Jive for Office tool and will be updating our documentation accordingly.

• Windows 7,Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10
            • Office 2010, Office 2013,Office 2016
            • Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11+, Firefox, Chrome

Since you are receiving the error during the install, can you let me know which version number of the Office 365 client is currently installed for you Version numbers of update channels for Office 365 clients

Also can you attach the office log as outlined here How to Find the Jive for Office and Outlook Logs

This will allow me to see potential causes for why the error is occurring.