Jive offers a variety of different tools and add-ons so it can sometimes be easy to download the wrong one. The Jive for Office connector that is available under tools requires the following:
- Windows XP SP2 (Windows Installer 3.1), Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 (with version 2.5 of Jive for Office only)
- .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft Office 2007 with SP2, 2010 with SP1, and 2013, all in Windows only.
- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint only.
From the sounds of it you are looking for the add-on for Office 365 which requires a separate add-on for Office 365. It does require an additional license so if you do not have it, you will want to reach out to your Account Manager. If you do have the jive for Office 365 Add-on, this document provides the requirements and installation instructions Jive for SharePoint Online & Office 365: Installation Assets you might need to request access to join Jive for SharePoint 2013 in order to view the document I linked.
Hope this helps.
I wanted to follow up here because I misspoke above. I spoke with our Products Manager and with a recent update for both Jive for Office and Jive for outlook, we now support Office2016/ Office365 with the Jive for Office tool and will be updating our documentation accordingly.
- Windows 7,Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Office 2010, Office 2013,Office 2016
- Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11+, Firefox, Chrome
Since you are receiving the error during the install, can you let me know which version number of the Office 365 client is currently installed for you Version numbers of update channels for Office 365 clients
Also can you attach the office log as outlined here How to Find the Jive for Office and Outlook Logs
This will allow me to see potential causes for why the error is occurring.