6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 9:42 AM by Ryan Rutan

Strange issue with Jive AppMarket

lopar

I have strange problem with appsmarket.

I turned it on in (%MySite%/admin/apps-addons-settings.jspa), but when I open my website on apps page (%MySite%/apps/market), I see an error: An error has occurred: There was a problem loading your details. Please contact your System Administrator

I tried to retrieve link, that isn't loading (%MySite%/gadgets/ifr?url=https://market.apps.jivesoftware.com/opensocial/customermarket/CustomerMarket.gadget.xml&v=VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV&st=default/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ) but I get an error:

message Malformed security token default/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXInvalid security token default/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

description This request requires HTTP authentication.

I tried to retrieve direct link to the market (https://market.apps.jivesoftware.com/opensocial/customermarket/CustomerMarket.gadget.xml&v=VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV&st=default/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) but I get a 404 error.

I found theese in sbs log, when an error appears on my site:

Removed log, because it was crashing this page. Use Attach instead.

I hid hash lines in links, because I don't know is it secure to publish them. If it is, tell me, I'll publish them.

Can someone help me with that? Ryan Rutan? Anyone?

Message was edited by: Igor B (Removed log, because it was crashing this page. Use Attach instead.)

• Re: Strange issue with Jive AppMarket
          Ryan Rutan

Igor, the Apps Market has been replace via the Add-on Registry in /addon-services!input.jspa in your Jive instance.  I'm not sure which version of Jive you using, but the Apps Market features/functions are slowly being removed from the product given the lionshare of its capability is available via add-ons. 

Do you have a reason for trying to use the apps market, or is this just an observation?

lopar

Ryan, oh, i didn't know that. I use Jive SBS 8.0.3.0. I tried your link, but there are only 12 addons at all (addon-services!input.jspa?filterID=allServices~availableState). I see an option to upload jive package manually, but where can I get new ones?

>>Do you have a reason for trying to use the apps market, or is this just an observation?

It is a "long term problem" in one of our projects, so I tried to observe and research it.

Ryan Rutan

Which packages are trying to locate?  Also, could you further explain what "long term problem" means in this respect?  Also, if you have an ongoing issue, please make sure to file a support case ...just so we have something to track in the event this exceeds a standard developer question.

Happy to try and help, but afraid I need to understand what you are trying to accomplish a bit more before I can offer any meaningful assistance.

RR

lopar

I started to work with company, that provides Jive development and support. There is a problem with apps-market in one of our projects. My colleagues, told me, that they couldn't fix this proplem for about a year and a half. That's why I called this problem "long term". This problem isn't critical, so its solution was postponed from time to time.

//Igor B

lopar

Ah! Another question. You said, that Market is replacing by addons. Starting on which version of Jive it is true?

//Igor B/