3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2016 9:08 AM by jesse.fuller

Is there a way to disable the ability to post content to specific people?

akoplen

In the admin console, is there a way to eliminate the option for users to post content between specific users. For example, when you create content, you have 4 options for where to publish:

• In a place
      • Hidden
      • Specific People
      • In the Community

Is there a way to just have the "in a place" option?

Thanks!

• Re: Is there a way to disable the ability to post content to specific people?

Hi Alexis,

Depending on your version of Jive, by disabling personal containers in your instance will reduce the publish options to "in a place" for example:

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 7.56.10 AM.png

If you host your own instance of Jive this can be configured by setting the following system properties:

jive.usercontainer.document.enabled

jive.usercontainer.thread.enabled

jive.usercontainer.poll.enabled

jive.usercontainer.video.enabled

jive.usercontainer.idea.enabled

jive.event.default.enabled.userContainer

jive.usercontainer.task.enabled

Or if you are using a Jive Cloud instance, please submit a case in your secret customer group here in the Jive Community and the next available support member can assist in modifying the configuration of you instance.

Thanks!

akoplen

Hi Jesse Fuller,

Thanks for your response! We have a unique situation right now - we are assisting a cloud community that currently already has this configured. They have all options turned off except to post within a place. The Community Manager now would like to have the option to collaborate on a document with just specific people. My questions are:

1. Where in the admin console in cloud can I see the configuration of this elimination of options (I was not a part of this process when they initially configured it)
              2. If we were to turn on the option to publish to specific people, then publish a document just to specific people, but then wanted to turn that ability back off so that others do not have this option, what would happen to that document? Would it still only be shared with specific people?

Let me know if that all makes sense. Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Alexis,

Where in the admin console in cloud can I see the configuration of this elimination of options (I was not a part of this process when they initially configured it)

As a cloud customer you will not have access to configure this type of change in your instance. Instead, please submit a case in your customer group for assistance.

If we were to turn on the option to publish to specific people, then publish a document just to specific people, but then wanted to turn that ability back off so that others do not have this option, what would happen to that document? Would it still only be shared with specific people?

While personal containers were enabled in your instance users would have access to the content, however once disabled, they would lose access, until personal containers were re-enabled.

Thanks!