3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2016 9:45 AM by christy.schoon

Why are shares not showing up in Jive Daily streams?

clairetaz

Is this a bug? All the shared content is omitted from the stream. To recreate: Create a stream for a group. Share content in there. It doesn't show up in the Jive Daily stream (but it does show in the News stream on regular platform). I can only get the content into the Jive Daily stream if I 'Jive Anywhere' it in. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Re: Why are shares not showing up in Jive Daily streams?
          christy.schoon

Hi Claire, I checked with our product team on this.  There are differences in how we get information from Jive-n, such that we can't/don't show the exact same things in the Daily streams as you see in the Jive-n streams. A couple of those key differences are when content is shared to a place, and when a place is @mentioned, neither of those show up in Daily. 

clairetaz

Thanks Christy

This is a huge issue for us and is in fact blocking me doing a full rollout push of the great Daily App.

Our use case: We have a Company News stream that is very important. We source stories from all over the company/platform for this stream. Our leaders blog in many places/groups. This drives people to the group and is a great practice.

Without Share being possible, we only have a very small subset of what is in our Company News stream in Jive-n showing up in Jive Daily. So it's not really usable as a news app.

>> the other day our CEO volunteered time and the write-up went into a relevant group - we couldn't get that into Daily. Workaround was to retype the blog in the Today@ company blog that was in the stream. This duplicating content is not a valid option. The only other workaround I have found is to Jive Anywhere it into a group... then it appears in Daily.

Is this omission of 'share' a bug? It seems strange that sharing by Jive Anywhere works but 'share' doesn't.

christy.schoon

I get it and am sharing your specific feedback with them.

Our Daily product team said it's not a bug rather the way the feature was built.  BUT, they also said:

We're actively looking at ways to make the experience across platforms more consistent - namely to show shares and @mentions of places in the relevant streams

They weren't able to give me timing on this but at least there's some light.

2 people found this helpful