1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2016 9:05 AM by jesse.fuller

Change URL of JIVE Instance

adam.mcdowell

HI,

We recently attempted to change the URL of our JIVE instance and it was unsuccessful.

Out JIVE instance version is:

Jive SBS 7.0.2.1

I followed the documentation in the below URL, however after the change, the system would not load the homepage and a blank white page was displayed.

Restarting the app server did not resolve the issue

https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-169720

A decision was made to rollback to the original URL until all the steps required to change the URL change are understood.

As I could not access the web interface, I had to contact support who instructed me to run a DB query to change the URL back the original.

The site is up and running again, however the business still requires the URL to be changed.

Is there a document / URL I can refer to that provides all the necessary steps to change the URL ..?

Thanks

Adam

• Re: Change URL of JIVE Instance

Hi Adam,

Reviewing through the documentation you linked above this points to the Jive 8 documentation. While the steps should be roughly the same, for Jive 7 you would want to refer to the Changing the jiveURL section of the Jive 7.0 Community Admin Documentation.

Additionally, if you are seeing an error after going through this process I would recommend submitting a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community as a next step so that the next available member of our support team can review through your instance while the issue is happening to provide next steps.

Thanks!