3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 2:10 PM by christine.murray

What's the difference between the repost and share functions?

christine.murray

And if I do both of these functions, where can I see what I just reposted/shared?

• Re: What's the difference between the repost and share functions?
          christy.schoon

Hi Christine, which version are you on?  I ask because I don't see Repost as an action in my environments.

Sharing lets you do one of two things:

• Share a piece of content with a person or people.  It acts as a Private Message, with any additional messaging you want to add, plus a link to the original piece of content.
          • Share a piece of content with another place.  This will include a link to the shared content in the activity stream of the new place, and add a link to the originating content in the Content list of that place.  Since it really only lives in the originating place, it is not indexed in the new, "shared-to" place.  You can not add a message to the content as you can when you send it to people.

To see what you've shared, go to your inbox and filter by your own name.

1 person found this helpful
          • Re: What's the difference between the repost and share functions?
            gbrettmiller

The Repost option is available on Status Updates posted to the entire community, and allows you to create a new status update with the "repost" attached. Very similar to how a retweet / quoted tweet works. It will show up as a Status Update from you. Note: this option is not available on status updates posted to a Group.

Share, on the other hand, allows you to share a place or content with someone else, or even with another place.

2 people found this helpful