5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 9:55 AM by Libby Taylor

JC admin console

Jakkii Musgrave

I've currently got 'admin console' showing up in my personal menu here on the JC, which I would not expect to have permission to access (and have not had access to previously).  I did click through and I am able to access this URL: https://community.jivesoftware.com/admin/main.jsp

This isn't so much a question as it is raising it as a concern so this permission can be removed, unless of course I'm supposed to be seeing it, in which case my question is: why?

Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 3.30.49 PM.png

• Re: JC admin console
          Kara Francis

I do as well.  The items are limited to spaces and permissions.  And it appears that there is nothing that we can actually do inside unless we have been set up as a space owner somewhere.

It appears to have to do with the Mosaic Trial Survey underneath Partner Communities - Social Edge Consulting - Social Edge Products..  Someone added "all registered users".  The permissions show "custom setting".  But under space management it gave me the option to edit or delete the space.  (I of course didn't, though).

I'm guessing once they fix this, we will no longer see the admin console option.

I'm guessing that this was an error.

1 person found this helpful
            Libby Taylor

Depending on your role with any space in the JC, you could have Admin Console show up, the critical question is what shows when you pull up the Admin Console. Like Kara said, we'll need to fix the Mosaic Trail Survey space settings (or Social Edge does...). Thanks for pointing it out.

Libby Taylor

Could you check it now? I think I corrected it, but it's hard to tell.

1 person found this helpful