11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2018 9:34 PM by pushpendra.paliwal

Cannot POST to Jive REST API from HTML widget

jbowman1107

Hi!

I am creating an HTML widget in which I am voting on an existing poll from the widget based on user input.

When I try to do:

POST /api/core/v3/votes/58148 with data of ["option"]

I am receving the following error:

{

"code" : 4026,

"message" : "The request could not be validated as originating from within the SBS application"

}

I have seen a few threads with this error.. but none of them seemed to solve my issue.. As I am sending the X-JCAPI-Token and I am not doing this cross domain as the HTML widget is in Jive..

Any ideas what may be my issue?

Regards,

-Jeff

Version Info:

throw 'allowIllegalResourceCall is false.';

{

"jiveVersion" : "7.0.2.0 ",

"jiveCoreVersions" : [ {

"version" : 2,

"revision" : 3,

"uri" : "/api/core/v2",

"documentation" : "https://developers.jivesoftware.com/api/v2/rest"

}, {

"version" : 3,

"revision" : 4,

"uri" : "/api/core/v3",

"documentation" : "https://developers.jivesoftware.com/api/v3/rest"

} ],

"instanceURL" : "HIDDEN",

"ssoEnabled" : [ "saml" ],

"jiveEdition" : {

"product" : "external",

"tier" : 0

},

"ssoForOAuthGrantEnabled" : false

}

• Re: Cannot POST to Jive REST API from HTML widget
          jbowman1107

I am still struggling with this.. has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

mcollinge

Is the HTML in the widget actually running in an iframe, rather than it being part of the main page?

jbowman1107

Yup! Because the widget I have created is very heavily Javascript it has been wrapped in an iframe.

mcollinge

Hmm. Have you tried setting this sys prop?

jive.rest.internal.csrf.token.enabled  =  false

1 person found this helpful
                          jbowman1107

I am not a site Admin but only Admin of the spaces I'm responsible for so I am not able to set this property (I think). And even if I ask someone to do it.. I'm not sure they would due to the security hole this potentially leaves by doing so.

I am actually pretty confident that turning this setting off might 'fix' my issue (from the other threads I have read).. but then I open that security hole. But I am not sure why I am even running into CSRF issues in the first place as I am sending the correct X-JCAPI token (as far as I can tell) with the request.

Ryan Rutan

What is the domain for the source of the iframe?  If you are loading it from another domain, then that is why the JCAPI token may not be working.  in general, i've never pursued this avenue, as doing either Widget using the session cookie and/or Apps using the osapi bind to currentUser have done 99% of my customized Tiles/Apps/Widget work.

Just thought I'd share that.

jbowman1107

The iframe is from an HTML widget in a Jive instance. So the domain is the same as the Jive instance. I believe the iframe is there because I have used javascript in the HTML widget.. so Jive automatically wraps my widget in an iframe.

In any case.. I have done some more digging and it seems that the beyond the JCAPI token.. I also need a J-L-Token when doing a POST.

I was able to get this with window.parent._jive_auth_token and then attached the J-L-Token header to my request with this value..

This seemed to do the trick! Of course, this only resulted in more questions .. But I am now able to post successfully!

Thanks for all the help!

Sachin Kumar

Hello Jeff Bowman

Could you please help me to resolve my issue. I am trying to use the Jive REST api in the html widget and trying to POST to the /people service with jQuery ajax method. I am getting same error message you got.

Part of my code is:

type: "POST",

data: JSON.stringify(jiveuser),

url: url,

contentType: "application/json",

dataType: 'json'

So could you please help me how should I wrap the window.parent._jive_auth_token to my ajax post? Where should I attach it? with header attribute or something else? Could you please help me to provide the exact code please?

Thanks

Sachin

jbowman1107

Hi Sachin,

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to give you exact code as I am using Angular JS and not Ajax.. But here is the code I used to extract the correct token and setup my http client. I've bolded the part that was important in my case.

var urlBase = '/api/core/v3';

var config = {};

config.resonseType = "text";

// Don't worry about the below, it is simply striping off the string "throw 'allowIllegalResourceCall is false.';" so I can parse the response as JSON

config.transformResponse = appendTransform($http.defaults.transformResponse, function (value) {

return jiveFactory.stripSecurityString(value);

});

config.headers = { 'X-J-Token': window.parent._jive_auth_token };

Regards,

-Jeff

1 person found this helpful
                                            pushpendra.paliwal

Solution is js ajax

$.ajax({                              
                                               type:"POST",                                          
                                               url: "/api/core/v3/contents", 
                                               headers: { 'X-J-Token': window.parent._jive_auth_token },                                          
                                               contentType: "application/json",                                           
                                               data: req,                                           
                                               dataType: 'json',                                           
                                               success: function(data){                                                   
                                               processData(data);                                           
                                                },                                           
                                               error: function(e) {                                                     
                                               console.log(e); //console.log("Error: " + XMLHttpRequest);                                                  
                                              } });