9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 10:56 AM by jhunt@seipusa.com

Recurring tasks being "closed"

mmanzano

My team is having an issue with random recurring tasks closing themselves once the task has been marked completed. We use Producteev to track when to invoice our clients and make various time-sensitive payments.

We became aware of the issue when someone asked why a payment with a weekly recurrence had been missed. When we went in to look at the task, we saw that it had been crossed off/ closed when the task was completed on May 31st. I clicked on the crossed off task once the issue was brought to us and the activity log showed that I "reopened the task". However, no one ever closed it, just marked it complete the prior week.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or is there a fix on the way to prevent this from happening in the future?

• Re: Recurring tasks being "closed"
          hoethker

Did you get an answer?

@producteev: The recurring tasks are unusable if they autoclose and disappear.

mmanzano

I never got an answer to this, and this situation happened again on July 12th, 2017.

Basically, all recurring tasks marked completed for the day by my team were crossed off as though they were one-time tasks. Luckily, my co-workers noticed and immediately scheduled the task for the next date, but if we didn't notice this, we could have missed doing every Wednesday task the following week.

@producteev: Is this a known issue and is there a plan to fix this bug?

Hi May Manzano

Please can you provide some examples of the recurring tasks that this effected and confirm the Network and Project they are related to?  I can then forward the details to the Producteev Team to investigate.

Thank you,

Susan

mmanzano

Hi Susan,

Please see the screenshots below (2 examples).

The repeat for these examples is daily, but you can see that it was completed 7 days ago, and I had to reopen the task yesterday. After I reopened the tasks, it went back to rescheduling itself as usual. However, it’s concerning that on any day it might mark itself complete and not reschedule.

The Network is Jason Atkins Network and the Project is Finance.

Thanks,

May

May Anne Manzano

Accounting Associate

T: 866.684.2308 Ext. 124  |  M: 905.213.8032

E: mmanzano@360insights.com  |  W: 360insights.com

A:  420 Green Street, Suite 202 ,  Whitby ,  Ontario ,  L1N 8R1 ,  Canada

This email is sent for and on behalf of 360insights with its head office at 420 Green Street, Suite 202, Whitby, L1N8R1. This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the recipient only. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, destroy this email and any attachments, and do not use, copy, store and/or disclose to any person this email and any attachments.

Hi May,

Thank you for providing the requested.  Can I please confirm if you access Producteev with a different email address that you use for JiveWorks? 

Thanks,

Susan

mmanzano

Hi Susan,

Yes, I do use a different email address when signing in with Producteev vs. JiveWorks.

Our company re-branded a little while ago, and thus the domain of our email address changed. However, we still have access to our old domain, thus I never updated my producteev info.

Is that enough validation, or do you need the actual email addresses I use to log in to each?

Thanks,

May

Hi May,

Thanks for the confirmation.  Please can you provide your email address for Producteev to help us investigate the issue?  If you do not want to share that here, please send me a private message.

Kind regards,

Susan

Hi May,

The engineer has come back and noted that there is no known issue and they cannot see anything unusual. Both tasks appear to be OK and defined well on the DB.

Does the issue persist, do you have any other examples that they could look into?

Thanks,

Susan

jhunt@seipusa.com

Hello,

I am having the same issue; this occurred a few weeks ago and again today.  So far it is happening with all of my recurring tasks today.  When I mark the task as complete, I get a red bar at the top of my web browser, and when I look at the task I see that it has been closed and not rescheduled. I have to go in and manually reschedule the task.

When I have this issue, I also get the red bar when trying to post notes to a task.

I love this tool, but I am very concerned about reliability with these recurring issues.