5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 9:17 AM by rashedtalukder

Addon Icon

justina.mathew

Can we manipulate the addon button/icon? Please list different ways I could manipulate the addon button/icon. Where I could find the code for it on node.js/ within the extension file? I want to change the color of the icon.

• Re: Addon Icon

The default names for the add-on's are in your app or tile's folder and the default names for them are "extension-16.png" and -48 and -128.png. You can change their names in your meta.json from your add-on package....or if you're using the JIve Node.js SDK, it'll be the values in your JiveClientConfiguration.json file for the "icon_" parameters.

justina.mathew

I want to modify the icon programmatically by displaying various icons based on conditions. What file should I use and how do I go about this? Thank You.

It's possible that I'm not clear on exactly which icon you're talking about, so a screenshot with a box around the icon would probably help. However, if you're talking about the icon for the add-on or integration that's displayed for installation, there's no way to code that to be conditional since the meta.json file is read before any executable code is run.

justina.mathew

I created an Addon using node.js to integrate chat with Jive. I want to have the Addon display various icons based on presence or user status.

2016-07-27_10-26-16.png

Is it possible to have this icon change based on the conditions above? I can define the icons in the configuration file. I just don't know how to switch between the icons programmatically using application javascript.