3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 10:12 AM by Scott A Johnson

Bots/ChatBots in Jive

niharika1108

Hi,

Does anyone has an idea of implementing Bots or Chatbots in Jive?

Regards,

Niharika

• Re: Bots/ChatBots in Jive
          Scott A Johnson

What type of ideas are you looking for?

Can you explain what you're trying to achieve or what problem you're encountering so we can help you solve it?

Thanks,

Scott

niharika1108

Hi Scott,

SourceForge.net: ChatScript - Project Web Hosting - Open Source Software

AIML2 Bot Chat

We came across these Bots on internet and would like to implement something like this on our Jive instance but I am not clear where to start from. How to configure bots with Jive an what would be the API for the same.

Can you please help me on this?

Regards,

Niharika

Scott A Johnson

So my guess is that you'd like to implement a bot that would listen to discussions in the Jive community and auto respond to discussions using some form of AI.

This seems to have 3 steps:

1) Listen for activity for the Bot to react to

2) Bot determines how to react

3) Bot reacts by posting content back to community

The first step would be to be able to recognize new discussions or new messages within discussions in the community. You should be able to accomplish this using webhooks. See this documentation Jive REST API v3.14 → Webhooks service. You could tailor your webhook to listen for content creation, replies, etc. within a place in Jive. I don't think you can listen for content changes across the entire community, so you'd need a content webhook created per place you'd like to listen to.

Second step is where your Bot AI logic comes in, so you'd need to determine how to implement that.

Step 3 is where your bot will react to the activity by most likely posting a new message to the discussion in the community. This could be done by using the Message service, documented here: Jive REST API v3.14 → Message service. That should be pretty simple.

Hopefully this points you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Scott

4 people found this helpful