3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 8:02 AM by jesse.fuller

How to exclude users from "All Registered Users"

dallin.stone

Hello, my friends.

I have a use case where I have invited certain users to our private community in order to help with specific threads in a permissions-limited space. They do not need access to all of the general information in the community--only a specific sub-space to which they are assigned.

Is there any way to exclude these users from the "All registered users" group?

• Re: How to exclude users from "All Registered Users"

Hi dallin.stone,

While there is not an option to exclude users form the "All registered users" group, reviewing through your description, you might find the following feature meets the functionality you are looking for:

What Are External Groups?

Who Are External Contributors?

How Do I Invite External Contributors? 

Thanks!

dallin.stone

Unfortunately, this is already technically an "External" community. We are using it as a customer support portal. The situation is that one of our clients is having an issue with a third-party add-on that we developed for our software in cooperation with the third party. We need to get the third party involved in the discussion, but they don't need access to our general Knowledge Base information etc.

(In case I didn't make it clear, External Groups aren't active on the community. I am familiar with the functionality because our internal community uses them.)

Hi Dallin Stone,

As the external user's option does not work for your specific scenario there are a couple of additional options available.

1. If you are interested in seeing this type of feature available in a future release of the Jive Platform, I would recommend submitting an idea to the Ideas for Jive space where our Product Managers pull from top rated ideas when considering feature enhancements for future releases.

2. If you are interested in pursuing a customization for your instance, our Professional Service's team can work with you to determine the scope of the project and assist in developing a custom feature that would allow for this type of functionality. If you would like to pursue this option please either reach out to your account manager, or submit a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community and a member of our support team can assist in getting an engagement started for you.

Thanks!