1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 9:28 AM by jesse.fuller

Content Leaderboard views versus document view count

julie.jepsen

Does anyone know how the views are calculated for the Content Leaderboard?  We've noticed a discrepancy between the amount of views shown on the Leaderboard versus the actual document view count.  This particular document pictured below is shared with 11 other communities - I'm not sure if that makes a difference in the view counts, but I'd like to know why there is such a large difference between these stats.

• Re: Content Leaderboard views versus document view count

Hi Julie,

Reviewing through the behavior pictured in your screenshot above there are a couple of possibilities for this difference.

1. The "view" count found in the CMR feature is a daily wrap-up of counts, so if 800 views were conducted during the current day, this would not be reflected in your first screenshot. However, by the next day I would expect this to be closer to the current document count (assuming no new views).

2. Additionally, the view count found in the leaderboard is for a specific period of time, whereas the view count pictured in the document is for all time.

However, if either of the scenarios do not explain the specific behavior you are seeing with this document, I would recommend submitting a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community as a next step where a member of our support team will be able to assist with further investigations specific to the document/your instance.

Thanks!