3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2016 1:15 PM by gbrettmiller

How to access the "I also have this question"

gbrettmiller

Discussions marked as a question present a link for readers to indicate that they also have that question. Is there any way to access that information (the number of people who also have the question) from outside that discussion? Or do you have to actually look at the Question page to see that number?

• Re: How to access the "I also have this question"
          radelgado

Hi Brett,

When I clicked on the "I have the same question", I saw that it automatically had me "follow" your question page....maybe there is no functionality outside of that; just makes it easier to see once someone comes up with an answer to the original question. I could be wrong though, but I do have this same question, as I had been wondering about it too.

Raul

2 people found this helpful
            christy.schoon

Hi Brett, to get the number of other people who had the same question you do have to go to the actual question.  You can also click on the number there in order to see who the other people were that had the same question.

You can see the unresolved questions ranked by the number of people who have the same question, in the content view using some filters.  It will not show me though the actual number of people who had the same question.  I use this view if I only have a little time and need to prioritize which questions I respond to.

i_have_same_question.png

2 people found this helpful
                gbrettmiller

Thanks, Christy.

That is what I'm trying to support, a way to prioritize the questions that need to be answered.

Just dug a little deeper into the API, looks like there is some info about SameQuestion. Not sure exactly how to make use of it, though, since it returns a list of people not a number. Could just use the .length property, I guess, would need to loop through all open questions in the place.  Hmmm..... potential.