2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 11:49 AM by kristamahler

Notification icon in inbox dissappears

kristamahler

Hello,

I have a question regarding the notification icon in the Jive inbox. I have multiple things listed within this icon when I click on it.  I have been added as a collaborator on a number of documents that I need to see before they can be published.  The problem I have is that once I click on this icon once, it disappears from my inbox and I have to unclick the box for Unread only, so that I can go back and find another document that I must review.  Is this the normal behavior of this icon?  I feel that as long as I have things that I haven't reviewed...that I should still see that in my inbox as a reminder to go back and review.  Please let me know if this is normal or if this is something for which I should file a case.  See my visuals below.

Thanks!

• Re: Notification icon in inbox dissappears
          jesse.fuller

Hi Krista,

Reviewing through your description you appear to be seeing the expected design and the "notifications" entry is a roll-up of any pending notifications for your user. However, once you select it in your inbox it is marked as read, since you have seen the latest version of the roll-up. That being said, if it does not become "unread" when a new notification is added I would recommend submitting a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community for additional investigation by the next available member of our support team.

Thanks!

• Re: Notification icon in inbox dissappears
              kristamahler

Got it.  Thanks.  It just seems a little off to me...If I haven't clicked the OK button for each item in the Notifications, I would think that those should still show up as unread.  It is tough when we are using the collaborator feature and I have to work my way through a bunch of them, but it it constantly  goes away because I have viewed the most recent group.  I feel that if I'm a collaborator on something  and I REQUIRES my attention/approval...this should show up as an action or a moderation, but it only shows as a notification.  I understand what you are saying and if something new is added, it does again appear in my inbox, but it feels as it those that require my attention should show up somewhere a bit more noticeable.

Thanks for the clarification.