3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 3:24 AM by shipra

How to create a new tile apart from the one listed

shipra

Hello,

I have created a sample table tile but wanted to know if I can make any tiles apart from the following-Table,list,section list,gauge,carousel ,gallery,calendar and activity.

Also in table tile in one of the column I want to accept HTML tag input and while display I want them rendered.

Is there a way to do it?

I am using java sdk for tile creations.

Thanks,

Shipra

• Re: How to create a new tile apart from the one listed
          shipra

Hello,

I am also trying to add a new column to Table Row class by adding one more variable but I get build error.

Can I also not change the Table Row bean class to have different layouts of tables?

My TableRow constructor now:

public TableRow() {

name = null;

nameSecond = null;

value = null;

url = null;

} // end constructor

I have created a sample table tile but wanted to know if I can make any tiles apart from the following-Table,list,section list,gauge,carousel ,gallery,calendar and activity.

You can make custom view tile which lets you include your own HTML, CSS, and JS. There are also HTML tiles which is a bit more limited, but more performant.

Also in table tile in one of the column I want to accept HTML tag input and while display I want them rendered.

Is there a way to do it?

Nope, the table tile is restricted to the parameters and the types that can be included for those parameters. For what you're asking for, you'll need to use a HTML or Custom View Tile.

shipra

Hello Rashed Talukder,

Thanks a for for your reply.

Difficult to know these things when there so limited information on community on jive java sdk.

Are you using the same approach?

Also do you have any sample code for creating a custom view tile via jive java sdk? Github link will be also helpful.

I saw the code for node.js custom view tile and saw thats the only style offering a view.html. This could be tried I suppose.

I see in node.js there is an example.

Thanks!

Shipra