1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 6:36 AM by jesse.fuller

How to change the owner to all documents from a user

acalderong

Hi to all,

I'm facing a problem, When a user left company all the documents he has created must change their owner to a new active user in the system, because we have a security policy that demands to delete all users who were quit.

Is there a way to change the owner to all the documents created in one shot? Can I perform this action with API Rest?

Thank you

• Re: How to change the owner to all documents from a user

Hi acalderong,

Reviewing through your inquiry there are a couple of options available:

1. I would suggest checking out the Author Change Add-On developed by our Professional Service's team. While this does not have a bulk function, it does allow you to reassign an author of content via the UI.

2. This has also been raised as a potential feature enhancement for a future release Change Author of Content so would encourage you to help vote it up if this is a feature you are interested in seeing.

3. If you are interested in developing a custom feature leveraging the API, I would recommend reaching out to the Developer space here in the Jive Community where you can collaborate with other developers on potential customizations you are interested in developing.

Thanks!

1 person found this helpful