2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 10:46 AM by wallinrew22

can't test the simpleapp that I installed

wallinrew22

I followed the Jive documentation on creating an app add-on (the example simpleapp from the Jive docs).  After uploading the extension.zip package into Jive, I see the app under All Add-Ons, but I cannot locate the app when trying to implement it on a custom page that I have created.  Shouldn't I be able to add a Place, create a Page, add a Tile and select the add-on I created, or should it appear under the Apps Main Menu Option?  When installed it should display a page (canvas.html), correct?  At any rate, when you click Add A Tile, it does not appear in any Category.

What is the reason it doesn't appear in the add-on Categories list.  Or, if I'm on the wrong track, can anyone please give a comprehensive explanation of what you need to do to show an external web page in Jive?

• Re: can't test the simpleapp that I installed

I think the reason you're having trouble is because you're attempting to install a App, where you're supposed to install a Tile. The two are different in both their use-cases and implementation; though a Tile is a synthesized App for runtime, it's locations options are more limited and predefined for more of a dashboard experience to a particular place, user, or news and can be limited further in the definition.json (e.g. wide, narrow, hero, all).

The places that are viewable by an App is defined in the app.xml file. You can read more about the "simpleapp" that's packaged in the Jive Node SDK here: App Action Contribution Reference

• Re: can't test the simpleapp that I installed
            wallinrew22

Thanks for your response Rashed.

Actually, I attempted to install both an App and a Tile and neither worked as expected.  They don't appear in either the Apps dropdown or the Tile Categories respectively.  I have sent this issue on to the Jive support group.  So far, it has not been resolved.  The problem is also happening to them.  When I find out more, I will reply here for others who may be experiencing the same issues.