1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 10:56 AM by mavital

Few queries regarding User badges in Jive Rewards

sumeet812gupta

Hi All,

We are exploring Jive Rewards for one of our external community and have following queries about "User badges" :

1. Can we restrict peer to peer user recognition to a subset of users like community managers or Admins ?

2. Can we create new user badge types in Jive Rewards ?

3. Can we define business rules for user badges like only after achieving certain level user can give badges to others for example only level 4 and above users can give badges to other users ?

4. Can we assign a user a badge for a certain time period ? for example we just want to assign a particular badge to the user for 1 month after that it will expire.

I went through the Jive reward documentation but couldn't find anything related to my queries.

Thanks,

Sumeet

• Re: Few queries regarding User badges in Jive Rewards

Hi,

I'd be happy to try and answer some of your questions.

Can we restrict peer to peer user recognition to a subset of users like community managers or Admins ?

Peer to peer recognition is meant to be the most organic way for all users to recognize others, so we did not build in the ability to limit it to only a certain subset of people. Out of curiosity, so that I understand the reasoning behind it, why would you like to restrict this ability?

Can we create new user badge types in Jive Rewards ?

New types cannot be added right now. The types we have are meant to be overarching enough to cover most of the badge types a customer would need, without requiring them to spend any time doing additional customization or configuration. What we've seen customers do is use the badge image in order to further differentiate types of badges if they needed more granularity.

Can we define business rules for user badges like only after achieving certain level user can give badges to others for example only level 4 and above users can give badges to other users ?

No, same as the first answer, we really did not want to limit who can give badges as we see it as an intrinsic and critical part of the Rewards platform.

Can we assign a user a badge for a certain time period ? for example we just want to assign a particular badge to the user for 1 month after that it will expire.

You can set quests that only run for a limited time, and the badges earned by completing that quest can only be earned during that time. But once earned, the badge will not disappear off the profile even after the end of the quest, it just won't be able to be earned by anyone else. We see the badge as a mark of work done and effort put in, and thus shouldn't be removed even if the quest itself is no longer available. The opposite, people often covet these limited availability badges and want them on their profile.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mor

1 person found this helpful