0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 7:22 AM by Adam Arrowsmith

Opinions wanted: Leaderboards full of users still getting points from old content

Adam Arrowsmith

Looking for opinions/perspectives on how to handle a certain situation.

I have a Jive-X cloud external community with Jive Rewards.

Ideally I want the monthly leaderboards to reflect individuals who have contributed recently, however a number of my "top 10's" points are from your-content-was-marked-as-helpful "residuals" from old content. For example, I have people in last month's top 10 who haven't done anything new in the community for the past 6 months. While it's great that those users generated truly helpful content (that's one of a community's primary objectives), it complicates identifying the recently active/contributing members. And I fear that as the body of content continues to grow, the leaderboards will become less meaningful because an all-star newbie will never be able to outshine a veteran with a lot of posts who can sit back and collect the helpful points.

My thoughts:

• We definitely want to keep the Mark as Helpful feature enabled because 1) it's the right thing to do and 2) helps self-clean the external community through Assumed Answered thresholds
      • Creating helpful content is important so users should be acknowledged/rewarded

Obviously I could simply award fewer points for that action. For context, my current point awards are:

• Your answer marked as correct = 20 (highest action)
      • Your content was helpful = 10 (I have already reduced this from 15)
      • Create content = 10
      • Mark something as helpful/correct = 5
      • Get commented on = 5

Has anyone else faced this situation?

Related question: Does anyone have a good way of auditing points history for a given user (besides dredging through the DES exports)? Jive Product team said there is not.

cc Jive Gamification User Group