0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 2:45 PM by Libby Taylor

Social Collaboration, Team Messaging And The Future

Libby Taylor

Social Collaboration, Team Messaging And The Future

Forbes

The concept of creating a workplace network that encourages communication, coordination, and collaboration is no longer novel, but I don't believe it has achieved it's full potential. Here are a few things I think the vendors should be thinking about and the users of this technology should...

Dennis Pearce, an Enterprise Knowledge Architect at Lexmark who oversees a Jive social intranet, was less interested in team messaging as a product category. Although Jive has its own team messaging tool, Jive Chime, as part of a suite of workstyle apps, he hasn’t seen the need for another instant messenger tool.

I tried to get Pearce talking about the technologies he would like to see in the future, but he was more focused on making the best us of what’s available today. That may be a healthy attitude. Since communication and collaboration are human activities, the choice of a technology platform doesn’t necessarily determine success or failure. However, I would say that it does set limits on what you can achieve.

Shout out to Jive customer Dennis Pearce who participated in a recent article on 'Social Collaboration, Team Messaging and the Future' on Forbes. I loved that you pointed out that communication and collaboration are human activities and the tool simply supports that but doesn't necessarily determine success or failure. Thanks for taking part in this important conversation!

Shared with Jive Anywhere