1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 11:01 AM by Ryan Rutan

Not able to get token and refresh token

tripti

Hi,

I am following the Jive documentation OAuth 2.0 to get Rest API connection using Oauth2

I created a addon using Oauth2.0 builder. Installed uploaded the addon and got the ClientId and ClientSecret.

Used <jive-url>/oauth2/authorize?client_id=<client_id>&response_type=code in my browser and got the authorization code

Now I am using Pragmatic Works Task Factory to get the access token and refresh token

Client Id / Api Key                                      = <Client_id>

Client Secret / Api Secret                          = <Client Secret>

Authorization Request URL                       = <jive-url>/oauth2/authorize?Client_Id=<Client_id>

Grant / Response Code Parameter           = Code

Access token request url                          = <jive-url>/oauth2/token

Access token request url query string      = code=<authz_code>&grant_type=authorization_code&client_id=<Client_id>

I am using POST method, to get the token

But it does not return me the token and refresh token

rather redirects me to my adfs/login screen

Can somebody help me, what I am doing wrong.

I even tried with grant_type=password and using a non-federated user having full access

Client Id / Api Key                                      = <Client_id>

Client Secret / Api Secret                          = <Client Secret>

Authorization Request URL                       = <jive-url>/oauth2/authorize?Client_Id=<Client_id>

Grant / Response Code Parameter           = password

Access token request url                          = <jive-url>/oauth2/token

Access token request url query string      = grant_type=password&username=<user>&password=<password>

but it takes me to the login screen.

Which method I should use, and do we need to login like a specific user to download the add-on.

Gabe Beadel

• Re: Not able to get token and refresh token

Is this instance an on-prem/hosted instance?  If so, is it using a custom SSO plugin?  If so, is that plugin using a /** pattern and/or running for the /oauth* service paths? 

The only thing that makes sense is if you answered yes to all of these questions.  If so, you need to make sure that your SSO filter doesn't run on /oauth* ... and you need to make sure that if you are relying on the browser to authorize that their is an active session in place for that flow so an identity can be paired to the token.  Otherwise, you will need to login to finalize the authorization.