1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 11:30 AM by jesse.fuller

Is there a way for employees to view ALL profile fields on a users profile?

Julie Cardinali Brancik

We have a lot of helpers in our external community that need to see the company name of the individual asking a question.  We prefer to keep a user's company private to public and registered users due to the nature of our business.  Is there a way that users in our employee permission group can see all of a user's profile, like an admin does?

I feel like there should be a setting under "Other Content Permissions."  Is there a work-around or something obvious I'm missing....?

cc: Jive External Communities, Judi Cardinal

• Re: Is there a way for employees to view ALL profile fields on a users profile?

Hi Julie Cardinali Brancik,

Reviewing through your description, if you are restricting the visibility of specific profile fields to "only the user" in order to view the values of these fields a user would need to have an admin permission override (manage users, manage community, full access) set for their account. However, there is not currently an admin permission that would allow them to specifically see private fields (without granting them additional admin permissions). That being said, if this is a feature you are interested in seeing I would recommend submitting an idea to the Ideas for Jive space where our Product team reviews through top rated ideas when evaluating feature enhancements for future releases.

Thanks!