3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 8:39 AM by jesse.fuller

Why do I have 2 locales?

kristengastaldo

I'm working on editing our email templates and see that I have 2 locales. Do I need both of these, if they are both in English? How do I remove one, if I don't need them?

Also, when editing the emails, do I need to edit the plain text AND html? Can I just edit the HTML and the changes will stick?

• Re: Why do I have 2 locales?

Hi Kristen Gastaldo,

Reviewing through your description, it is my understanding you are referring to the following type behavior:

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 11.18.07 AM.png

If so,

Do I need both of these, if they are both in English?

These should relate to specific English locale/language combinations configured for your instance and can be viewed via the "edit" link to the right of the template. For example:

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 11.19.37 AM.png

How do I remove one, if I don't need them?

The red button seen in my screenshot above will allow you to remove unneeded message template locale/language combinations for your instance.

Also, when editing the emails, do I need to edit the plain text AND html? Can I just edit the HTML and the changes will stick?

Yes, you can edit and save changes to the HTML and Text templates independently, however, it will be specific to your email client if both HTML and/or text messages are supported. As such, I would first verify that your mail client supports HTML formatted emails (most do, but your IT team should be able to confirm) before only adding customizations to the HTML templates.

Thanks!