5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2016 8:48 AM by rmedanic

Latest Activity Time Display Cutoff

rmedanic

Hi Jive Community!

We are using Jive 8 and I can't find good answers around what governs when the login data shows in the People area within a Space and after what point in time, it gets left blank. I would guess if the user has logged in within the past seven days, that shows but over 7 days since last login, the  latest activity column gets left blank? Is this a correct assumption?

This is for an invite-only externally facing community where we've configured spaces to act as Groups as a workaround so we can "assign membership." It's the People tab.

LatestActivity.jpg

Please excuse if this is a mis-post to the wrong place/it's my first post and I'd be delighted if it gets routed to the correct place! I did categorize as an HR use case because having this information about what Jive is surfacing helps support my use case which is the users trying to "see who else is here, and how recently."

Thanks!

rachel

• Re: Latest Activity Time Display Cutoff
          Libby Taylor

Since this is a question about how Jive works, I'm moving it over to Jive Support. Cheers!

kristamahler

I have the same question, actually!  We also have an invite only, externally facing site and I'm wondering the exact same thing! Thanks for posting rmedanic.  I do have another question though, our site doesn't even show when someone was last visiting, like your screenshot does.  I wonder if this is a feature you can turn on and off?  Or maybe it's just our different versions?

Hi Rachel and Krista,

Reviewing through your description, I can confirm that 7 days is the cutoff timeframe for this type of notification.

I would guess if the user has logged in within the past seven days, that shows but over 7 days since last login, the  latest activity column gets left blank? Is this a correct assumption?

Additionally, there is a slight difference in the behavior, as a login will not cause this value to update. Instead a user will need to perform some type of activity - creating content, commenting, etc - in your instance.

I do have another question though, our site doesn't even show when someone was last visiting, like your screenshot does.  I wonder if this is a feature you can turn on and off?  Or maybe it's just our different versions?

This will most likely be due to a version difference, as it is expected for Jive 8, but not if you are on a Jive Cloud version of the platform. However, if you are also on Jive 8 and are not seeing this in your instance, please submit a case in your customer group as a next step and a member of our support team can assist with additional investigations specific to your instance.

Thanks!