4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2016 4:12 AM by thomask

Jive plugin Outlook

thomask

Hi Jive Community,

I add the Jive plugin in my Outlook mailbox, But I can't find a direct button / leverage to go directly to my community from my mailbox. Is that possible ? This button could be really useful to share with my members and improve their participation on Jive.

Thanks for your help

TK

• Re: Jive plugin Outlook
          Helen Chen

You need to configure Jove for Outlook so that it knows what communities to connect with.  Try (in Outlook) Home / Jive /Configure .

You can setup multiple communities so try configuring the JC in addition to your own community.  J

1 person found this helpful
              thomask

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your answer,

I have the line with the plugin with the recent news of my community inbox streams etc

Actually if I want to go to my community home page I need to go in my streams and inbox.

Capture.PNG

But I would like to know if it's possible to add a simple button to go directly on my Jive Community home page.

Do you know how to do it?

Thanks

TK

Helen Chen

It looks like you have it setup correctly. You should be able to respond to content notifications and Create new from outlook the way you are setup. 

Isn't the point of the Outlook plugin to stay in Outlook to perform Jive actions?   I don't think it is really intended as a navigation bar. So you can create content and respond directly, rather than going to the community. If you are on a post and want to go to the post in the for some reason, you can click on the title of the post in Outlook.

I hope that helps!  :-)

1 person found this helpful