1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 2:15 PM by jesse.fuller

How to use multiple words using Synonyms in search

mbona

Hello,

I am trying to create search synonyms for all 50 U.S. states.  To create synonyms I go to Admin Console > System > Settings > Search> Synonyms. And following the advice in this document - Configuring Search Synonyms

The problem I am having is when trying to create a synonym for states with two words.  For example - New York,NY.  When I add another state like New Mexico,NM it removes New York from the synonym list. Most likely it is because they both share the word new.  Is there a way to get around this.  Would using newyork,ny provide the correct results?

Thanks,
      Mark

• Re: How to use multiple words using Synonyms in search

Hi Mark,

Though there is currently an improvement open (JIVE-27489) which would allow the same word to be used within multiple synonyms, this feature is not currently in the product. As such, if entries contain a word already used in a synonym, they will override the one currently in place.

To track this improvement, please submit a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community and the next available support member can assist in linking it to your customer group for tracking and updates.

Thanks!