7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2017 9:17 AM by aparekh

Image not showing up on newsfeed

christine.murray

Sometimes when people post pictures, they show up like the below in the newsfeed and don't preview the picture right away. Is there a reason why some show up like the below and others show the picture?

image help.png

• Re: Image not showing up on newsfeed
          Dina Vekaria

Could it be if someone uploaded a file, which is an image file, so you get the above camera icon? As opposed to using the image icon and inserting an image into a document, so you get the full image in the newsfeed?

Check the ones that have the camera icon, are they uploaded files. Also check the ones that show the full image to see if they're inserted into a document, not uploaded.

Massive long shot, just thinking out loud here.

1 person found this helpful
            relevant

yes we experience the same issue with uploaded images..the preview of images in the activity stream is unstable..this looks like a broken functionality... I just created a case on this..

we see this in our activity stream:

What might help is refreshing the browser ones or a couple of times.. I did that and suddenly saw one or more images showing up as it should, but also some didn't..

Best

Michiel

1 person found this helpful
                christine.murray

Do either of you have any best practices around images?

What we're trying to do, is our retail stores want to share quick photos and best practices with other stores.

If they upload an image from their phone - that covers the easy part but you can't see the image.

If they do a status with the image - it's easy and you see the image, but there's no tagging or searchability with this.

christine.murray

Did you hear anything about your case regarding this too? With further research, they all did upload an image, so it must be a broken functionality :-\

relevant

Hi Christine,

thanks for reaching out... Yes, the latest information from Jive about this is:

'the issue we're already tracking is related to the preview image in Activity Streams and from further review, I've associated your case with this existing bug submission, CLOUD-476.

Whilst at the time of writing I cannot confirm a timescale for the resolution for this issue, I understand that efforts will be made to resolve this issue within the next Cloud update cycle where possible and technically feasible; and I will update you as soon as there any updates from our Engineering team concerning this issue.'

2 people found this helpful
                          aparekh

Hello Michiel,

We are using Jive Software within my organization , RAND Corporation. One of the Jive user is facing this similar issue whereby where retrieving a photos through a common named tag, only the photo's title is displayed. There is not preview of photos available. In order to see the photos, individual titles has to be clicked. Is this issue related to CLOUD-476 and if yes, then has this defect bee fixed?